Sofia Vergara has a beautiful smile because of two reasons:
- 1. She visits her dentist frequently.
- 2. She’s dead serious about her teeth so much that she almost became a dentist.
Sofia Vergara as a Dentist… What?
Truth is, Sofia Vergara actually wanted to become a dentist before she became a model/actress. Turns out she was only 2 semesters away from finishing a dental degree in the place she was born, Columbia. For those who are unfamiliar… 2 semesters away is pretty close to the finish line for a dental degree. You could say at this point – she has the beauty AND the brains!
While she didn’t actually end up becoming a dentist, she still maintains a strict regimen when it comes to oral hygiene – this also includes her son as well. All of the dental studying may have had an effect on her… a good effect!
A recent article in People magazine is how her love for dental hygiene was revealed. “I’m obsessed”, is what she said in the interview. “My son thinks I’m crazy because I make him do a cleaning every three months. I try to bribe the dentist to make him do it sooner!”.
Dr. Stelmach’s Advice
We tip our hat to you, Sofia. Though I will chime in to say that every 3 months is for those who have periodontal disease or gingivitis. The increased frequency helps the mouth recover, while preventing further damage. Otherwise, every 6 months is recommended as part of a healthy oral hygiene routine.
There’s really no secret to maintaining a healthy smile either, it’s the same 3 steps as it always will be.
- 1. Brush at least twice a day for 2 minutes each time (preferably you should brush after every meal).
- 2. Floss at least once (generally best time is in the night after food has accumulated during the day).
- 3. Depending on the condition of your current oral hygiene, visit your dentist every 3-6 months (your dentist will determine your optimal frequency).
The good news is that you don’t need to be obsessed with your oral hygiene like Sofia Vergara in order to have a beautiful smile. Just stay in touch with your dentist, always ask them questions if you every feel confused, and stay on top of your home care. It’s as simple as that! ☺
Image Source: Keith Hinkle